UK Mother's Day is nearly here

UK Mother's Day is nearly here
Perfect gift, 12 books by 13 authors all about how great mothers are.

Tuesday, 29 March 2016

Mother's Day Magic...with Love Anthology...book by book: 6, Vision of the Heart by Mary Crawford

Hello All
Another busy week for me on the  Costa Valencia. After a very noisy Las Fallas Festival, it all went quite for a few days and then Easter arrived and so did everyone from the city. Our quiet little town, where are staying was suddenly packed and the beaches were busy. Luckily the weather also warmed up a little, so I managed to get some time on the beach as well.


We also have some visitors, my mum and my granddaughter have come to stay for a few weeks. It is nice to see them and we have had some fun, but the huge age difference 88yrs old and 12 yrs old does make entertainment difficult to arrange. And I refuse to say who is the hardest to please!

The best part is I bought my granddaughter a kindle her birthday in February and she has got it with her, so I am busy filling it up with books for her. Luckily she loves reading. My own kindle has been a life saver for my mum, who cannot read due to macular degeneration. I have enrolled in audible and she is happy listening to stories while nodding off in the sun.  It makes me realise how times have changed and how eBooks and new technology is embraced and accepted by all generations. I then start to wonder what it will be like when I am my mum's age. what new inventions in technology will enhance my life? 

Anyway, talking of Macular Degeneration brings me nicely onto the next book in the Mother's Day Magic...with Love anthology; Vision of the Heart by Mary Crawford.

I really liked this story as it bared Julia's inner soul and exposed her weaknesses as her loss of vision stripped her of all her confidence. The whole family struggled to come to terms with her new status and Mary uses this tale to show how each family member comes to terms with what is happening and grows stronger in support for the one they love.  Julia who worries she is letting everyone down, but comes to understand that love is stronger than any weakness.
Next blog is book 7, which just happens t be my book, An English Rose. See you then, Allyson.

No comments:

Post a Comment