UK Mother's Day is nearly here

UK Mother's Day is nearly here
Perfect gift, 12 books by 13 authors all about how great mothers are.

Saturday, 28 May 2016

Mother's Day Magic...with Love Anthology...book by book: Book 11: The Light we Found by QD Purdu


Hi All

I had a glimpse at a USA protest rally yesterday, here in San Diego. As a visitor from the UK, it was all very exciting and a little nerve racking seeing all those police on motorbikes. Trump was in town, just a few hundred feet from where I am staying and I could see the rally from my window. I thought the police did a wonderful job and was very impressed at the control methods.  It was a bit louder on the streets and the pro and anti Trumps followers were kept well apart.  In the UK we do not tend to be so vocal in support of politicians, so I appreciated the passion from both sides. Anyway, it was an experience for me.

Today's book from the Mother's Day Magic Anthology is The Light we Found by Q D Purdu. This is the first book under this name, although the author also has a best selling YA book published under Brenda Vicars Hummel. Brenda/QD is an author to watch out for, she has a lovely turn of phrase and her writing is detailed and entertaining.

My review
In one day Calla's hopes, dreams and future all seem to be snatched away, leaving her drowning her sorrows in a bottle of wine. Being used to disappointments she picks herself up and sorts out her life one step at a time.  The man she had pinned her hopes on is pushed from her mind until she sees him again at her new job. QD Purdu is a fantastic writer and encourages her readers to empathise with the characters. This romance is not all about love, there is a message about listening and giving people a chance to explain. I enjoyed this 'second chance' story and look forward to reading more by QD.

 
I only have one more book to review. I hope these blog posts have been useful for you to get an insight of the books and authors.  I am off to check out The San Diego Old Town.
bye for now  Allyson R. Abbott


No comments:

Post a Comment