UK Mother's Day is nearly here

UK Mother's Day is nearly here
Perfect gift, 12 books by 13 authors all about how great mothers are.

Friday, 14 October 2016

Murder in Vail by Judy Moore



At last I am now settled in one place for a while so am actually able to read more books.  Ever since I have been writing I have found less and less time for reading, but now I am determined to set a few hours aside each day.  I very often found myself reading until the early hours of the morning, but I have not done that for a few years. However, when I downloaded Murder in Vail by Judy Moore I found that I was enjoying the easy flow of the story so much that I snuck a few extra hours of reading on using my iPhone, so as not keep my husband awake with a light. Luckily for me, once he is asleep, he sleeps quite heavily, so my iPhone is an ideal way of reading at night. 

I have just checked Amazon.com and the book is free there at the moment https://www.amazon.com/Murder-Vail-Moore-Judy-ebook/dp/B01LWO91GY/ so download it while you can.

I found myself being drawn into the story with every page. This is the first Judy Moore book that I have read and was unsure of what to expect. Moore created a family, albeit a wealthy one, that actually behaved like a normal dysfunctional family. With all the sibling rivalry and bickering. I enjoyed Sally’s (the mother) response and found myself reflecting on how I handled my family Christmases. The murder mystery storyline had twists and turns and you have to read to the end to find out the ‘whodunit’, but it was definitely not a chore to wait. A lovely readable story that has wetted my appetite to read more book from the author.

I loved Judy's style of writing so much that I have since downloaded another one of her books Airport Christmas.  I will let you know about that one in a few days..

















No comments:

Post a Comment