UK Mother's Day is nearly here

UK Mother's Day is nearly here
Perfect gift, 12 books by 13 authors all about how great mothers are.

Wednesday, 19 October 2016

Take the Monkeys and Run by Karen Cantwell


I am really enjoying my new regime of making time to read. I love the fact that I can just use the kindle app on my phone and squeeze in a few pages here and there. I can even manage to read at night without waking up my husband.  I must admit to having to muffle a few giggles when reading Take the Monkeys and Run.

It was the title that attracted me to this book. I love to read funny books and this title just screamed humour at me. I was not let down.  it made me chuckle a few times and even though I knew it was all ridiculous I just could not stop reading.  It was an easy read, no hard work trying to follow plots or to work out who did it. the main character Barbara Marr, keeps you entertained with her antics and thoughts throughout the book. Monkeys and mayhem, murders and men. it had everything you need for a relaxing evening read before bed. I will definitely be recommending this book to my friends.

This book is actually free on kindle, so treat yourself to a frivolous read.

No comments:

Post a Comment