Allyson's Nonfiction books

Allyson's Nonfiction books
With only Positive reviews these three books for Authors make a great buy.

Monday, 24 April 2017

Mother's Day Magic Anthology: Book by Book: Book 7: An English Rose by Allyson R. Abbott


Mother's Day Magic

Mother's Day Magic is a 12 book anthology that includes all previously unpublished books.  These were written for this project. Here are 12 books all about mothers and their strength of character. I am going to introduce them all one at a time, three a week. There are not many anthologies that are available in paperback, but this one is and it looks fantastic. We thought that all mother's deserved to have the best, but even at 99c for the Ebook, it is definitely worth a read and worth a treat as an extra present for your mom available at http://amzn.to/2oOI8Nl or http://amzn.to/2ph2SJP for the paperback version.
Also available on:

   iBooks https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/id1077026791
   KOBO:


I was in a bit of a quandary this week, as to whether of not to include my book, An English Rose in my review of the Mother's Day Magic anthology. It just didn't feel write to promote my own book, so I am going to include an unsolicited review from another author. I stumbled across this review by accident as it was only posted on their blog and not on Amazon or Goodreads. This made me realise that I should make an effort to let authors know if I write a review, especially if it is a good one. 

One of the criteria for the anthology, was that the main character needed to be over 45yrs old. This was mainly because there are so many books out there written about the 'new adult' and the young and beautiful women, that I wanted to provide something for the more mature reader. stories with substance, where the characters had a history, real life baggage that needed dealing with. I went completely over the top and decided to base my story on my mother in her eighties. Not a brilliant selling point, but we all know someone in that age group and we ourselves, hopefully, will get to be that age, so we shouldn't shy away from what may lay ahead.  Anyway, the review is by Grant Leishman and the whole review for the anthology can be found at
http://www.grantleishman.com/book-reviews/mothers-day-magic-with-love-by-12-different-authors
However, this paragraph had me smiling for days;

'As always though there were some stories that touched me more than others. The first of these was An English Rose by Allyson R Abbott. I absolutely adored this story of a quintessential 85-year-old English woman who realizes before it is too late that maybe there is life left in the old girl yet. Maybe it's my colonial background, but the language and situations in this story absolutely resonated with me. I adored it.'

I cannot thank Grant enough for that review. It is why I enjoy writing. When someone reads your book and they actually like it.

Talking of mothers, mine came to stay with us in Valencia for a couple of weeks. It was lovely to be able to pamper her for a change. Usually we are either travelling or abroad somewhere, or staying with her if we pop back to the UK, so turning the tables helped to repay some of her hospitality. It also gave me chance to talk with her at leisure, instead of rushed conversations. I was trying not to take notes for my next book, but sometimes, when she speaks or says something of old, I just couldn't help thinking of how I might slip it in a story sooner or later.

Back soon with my next review for Tamara Philip's Book, The Art of Forgiveness, which I have to say has been my favourite book in the box so far.   Take care everyone.  Allyson

No comments:

Post a Comment